All male students need a cassock for chapel, whether you’re Orthodox or not.
Female students do not need a cassock.
If you do not have a cassock the first few days, it’s okay. Someone from a local shop comes during orientation to fit you for one if you want to buy one from them. A lot of times there are used ones around that you could borrow while you new one is being made.
This is a calendar of chapel services, though the complete schedule may not be available outside of term time.
- Daily Matins is normally at 7:30 am Mon-Thurs
- Daily Vespers is at 5:00 pm Mon-Thurs
- Great Vespers or Vigil is at 6:30 pm Saturday
- Divine Liturgy is at 9:00 am on Sunday
- 9:15 – 11:45 Morning classes
- 1:00 – 4:45 Afternoon classes
Some classes in this slot are around 1 1/2 hr long, and don’t fit the time slots exactly.
- 6:45 – 9:45 pm There are some evening classes, most of them 1/5 hrs long. There is also choir rehearsal every Thursday evening, and starting fall 2007 a choir rehearsal on Monday afternoon.
Fridays are normally free from classes and chapel services. Most students have at least one or two afternoons without classes, and some students will have a class-free day in the middle of the week, depending on their schedule.